- Introduction of HTML || Bcis Notes
- HTML Editor || Bcis Notes
- HTML Basic Tag || Bcis Notes
- HTML Elements || Bcis Notes
- HTML Attributes || Bcis Notes
- HTML Headings And Paragraphs || Bcis Notes
- HTML Styles and Formatting || Bcis Notes
- HTML Comments and Colors || Bcis Notes
- HTML Quotations || Bcis Notes
HTML Quotations || Bcis Notes
HTML Quotation :
The Quotation elements in HTML are used to insert quoted texts in a web page, that is, the portion of texts different from the normal texts on the web page.
Below are some of the most used quotation elements of HTML:
1. HTML <q> for Short Quotations:
The <q> element is used to set a set of text inside the quotation marks. It has both opening and closing tags. The <q> tag is used to add short quotation marks in HTML.
2. HTML <abbr> for Abbreviations:
The HTML <abbr> element defines an abbreviation or an acronym.Marking abbreviations can give useful information to browsers, translation systems, and search-engines.
3. HTML <address> for Contact Information:
The HTML <address> element defines contact information (author/owner) of a document or an article.The <address> element is usually displayed in italic. Most browsers will add a line break before and after the element.
4. HTML <bdo> for Bi-Directional Override:
The <bdo> element is used to define a bidirectional override which means that the text written from right to left or left to right. It has both opening and closing tags. It is used to override the current text direction. It takes an attribute “rtl” to display the text from right to left.
5. HTML <blockquote> for Quotations:
The <blockquote> element is also used for quotations in a different way. Instead of putting the text in quotes, it changes the alignment to make it unique from others. It has both opening and closing tags.
6. HTML <cite> for Work Title
The <cite> element identifies the source of a quotation or creative work. Use the element to identify the name rather than the author or creator of a referenced creative work.Browsers usually display <cite> elements in italic.
Here are the tags that we used under HTML Quotation elements.
If you liked our content HTML Quotations, then please don’t forget to check our other content Introduction of HTML.